- Focused and skilled Fashion Industry Professional with a reputation of success, commitment, and excellent work ethic
- Proven leadership for various accounts and multi-functional production teams and project management
- Positive, Creative, Passionate, Team Leader - Execute to plan and achieve goals on schedule and in budget
AREAS OF EXCELLENCE
- Trend Research and Color Forecasting
- Technical Design Specs and Bill of Materials
- Illustration/Presentation/Prototype Creation
- Fashion Design and Fabric Direction
- Print and Textile Development
- Product Line Coordination
- Garment Fit Evaluation
- Product Development
- Overseas and Domestic Vendor Correspondence
- Costing/Budget Planning
Accessories and Textiles Senior Designer
Robert Talbott, Monterey, CA - June 2013 to Present
Design and develop textiles and various accessories including neckwear, leather goods, and jewelry. Create original artwork using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Utilize construction techniques and color placement on textiles and fabrications to achieve maximum color saturation that coordinates with seasonal color pallets. Prepare and present seasonal inspiration and collections to sales team and key customers such as Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and celebrity clientele. Collaborate with mills and vendors to create new and exclusive products for global and regional markets. Negotiate pricing and lead-time with vendors. Serve as overseas production manager and international liaison between vendors and headquarters.
Designer/Owner’s Assistant for Couture Apparel and Accessories
Atelier Des Modistes, San Francisco, CA – April 2013 to June 2013
Assisted in design and assembly of haute couture gowns and accessories. Utilized couture sewing, pattern making, and hand-embellishment techniques. Responsible for accurately fitting and detailed construction of custom made apparel.
Goorin Brothers, San Francisco, CA – December 2010 to January 2013
Designed and developed various accessories lines for production. Expertly managed workloads, seasonal calendar and budget while meeting strict deadlines. Monitored and maintained quality standards through detailed communication and project direction across the production team. Utilized product construction, fit evaluation, sewing, pattern making, and CAD skills in design development. Responsible for the management and product launch of customizable accessories line.
- Designed and produced multiple accessories collections while successfully managed first custom accessories shop.
- Created first hand-made accessories and headwear lines carried by the company.
- Consistently exceeded projected revenues for product lines within the first month of debut.
Retail Business Manager/Personal Stylist
Nordstrom, Hillsdale, CA - December 2008 to May 2010
Successfully manage daily account growth, clientele correspondence and productivity. Successfully exceeded seasonal and annual sales projections.
- Exceeded sales goals in a declining market by utilizing creative skills and innovative marketing techniques.Ranked first in the region for overall sales and 20% revenue increase.
E & E Ltd. Co./JLA Home, Fremont, CA - August 2006 to February 2008
Managed the entire development process of diverse product lines competitive to current market trends while offering fresh and innovative ideas for upcoming seasons. Conducted extensive trend research, line direction, and textile/print development. Traveled overseas to manage line production, conduct project presentations, and prepare showrooms for market week. Maintained interaction between buyers, overseas production teams, sales teams and merchandising departments. Received recognition for excellent team leadership and communication skills
- Account Executive for Walmart - Led multifunctional domestic/overseas teams to design and produce product lines.
- Created a soft goods line that was featured under Vera Wang label for Kohls.
- Designed soft goods product lines for a successful show for New York Market Week for Spring 2008.
Jerry Leigh Entertainment Apparel, Van Nuys, CA - March 2005 to August 2006
Designed and developed active wear apparel lines for production. Responsible for collaborating with brand licensing clients to create vision, illustrate designs, and manage garment production while consistently meet rigorous deadlines. Acquired extensive knowledge in production parameters, both domestic and import. Successfully developed original designs from concept to finished product including fittings, sourcing, and creating technical design specs for each garment.
- Commissioned to develop personal lines for various celebrity accounts such as will.i.am. from the Black Eyed Peas for i.am.clothing, Gwen Stefani for Harajuku Lovers, and Josie Natori for Natori.
- Designed and developed a successful active wear line that was picked up by Target as one of the highest unit/volume order in history with Jerry Leigh Entertainment Apparel.
Assistant Apparel Designer
Suzi Click, Los Angeles, CA - July 2004 to March 2005
Aided in design and manufacturing of luxury women’s apparel and accessories line. Organized cost sheets and technical specifications. Streamlined sales analysis to chart trends among top selling items. Managed inventory data collection and sales analysis.
- Designed and developed accessories line that successfully debuted at Atelier Show New York, Spring 2004 and was carried in Saks Fifth Avenue as well as various high-end boutiques.
Stylist – Wardrobe and Production Stylist for Rocksmith 2014 Video Shoot, Ubisoft, San Francisco, CA – February 2013 to April 2013
Designer – Accessories/Leather Goods/Handbags Designer for Helena de Natalio, San Rafael, CA – November 2009 to February 2011
CAD Artist – Activewear Designer for Pima Direct, San Leandro, CA – February 2011 to present
Designer – Action Sports Apparel Designer for Topper Crown Industries, Shanghai, China – March 2009
- Designed featured products and coordinated successful show for Coterie New York for spring 2010 and Fall 2010.
- Designed and produced several lines that are carried by major accounts such as Anthropologie, Nordstrom and Bloomingdales.
- Received press recognition in several high-profile fashion magazines, which further promoted the brand.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- AA Apparel Manufacturing, Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, Los Angeles, CA, 2004
- AA Liberal Studies with Minor in Business, Cuesta College, San Luis Obispo, CA, 2003
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator; MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)